Thy Kingdom Come
The days between Ascension and Pentecost have always been full of expectation and anticipation. As the Lord Jesus ascended, he promised the gift of the Holy Spirit to enable the disciples to be witnesses. As they waited for the promise to be fulfilled they devoted themselves constantly to prayer (Acts 1.14). So, the renewed call across the Church is to set these days apart to pray, and each individual to pray for five people to come to know the love of Jesus Christ.
One of the resources we’re drawing from is Daily Prayer Journal for Thy Kingdom Come. Thy Kingdom Come is a global prayer movement that invites Christians around the world to pray between Ascension Day (May 21st) and Pentecost (May 31st) for more people to come to know Jesus.
Daily Prayer Journal is a great way to set up regular, daily patterns of prayer to hold these people in prayer. Each day there is a passage from the Bible, a short reflection, a prayer, and a suggestion for action. There is also space each day for your own notes. We also have booklets if you’d like one delivered locally.
Top tips for keeping a prayer Journal
Why not keep your journal going beyond our weekend away? Read this helpful short article by Premier Praise – ‘Top Tips for Keeping a Prayer Journal‘
Connect Daily: Thought for the Day
We’ll be continuing with our Thought for The Day. These short reflections are available through our Facebook Group from 8:00am each day (except Sundays). At the end of each week you can view them on our Discipleship and Prayer page or ask for a printed copy. Through our 11-day Church Weekend some of the thoughts will reflect on the themes of the Thy Kingdom Come prayer journal (see above).
Daily Prayer for Thy Kingdom Come
Common Worship: Morning, Evening, Day and Night Prayer from Ascension to Pentecost
The services in this booklet form part of what is sometimes known as the ‘Daily Office’, a form of worship and prayer which can be used by individuals or in group as a structure for praise and petition. It is drawn from Common Worship, one of the worship resources of the Church of England.
Click the image to view or download the booklet.
You can also use the Time to Pray App
You can use Prayer During the Day on its own, as your sole act of prayer and praise, or you can use it alongside Night Prayer – also provided in the App – in a pattern of prayer at the beginning and end of the day.
- Access Prayer During the Day, together with full text of psalms and short readings from Common Worship: Time to Pray
- Follow a simple pattern of daily prayer that varies according to the season and day of the week
- Access Night Prayer, together with guidance on sustaining a pattern of regular prayer
Pray for the Salford and Longsight church partnership
- For clarity and guidance as Sue seeks new volunteers
- For the strategy and partnership between Salford and Longsight churches
- That people will catch the vision and calling from God for this ministry
- Give thanks for the dedicated volunteers and pray for their health and continued strength as they serve
- That God will continue to reveal Himself to Sue in the days and months ahead. That she may learn to be still and hear God’s voice speaking to her
- That the Salford Community Church of the Nazarene can develop as a church of relevance to the local community
- That the church will seek new and creative ways of reaching out and revealing God’s love to His people.
Watch the film again to hear about the ministries at Salford Community Church of the Nazarene and our plans for our two churches to grow together.
Choose a card each day to help you focus your prayer time.
Click on an image below to select your card. Could you share a card with someone else to encourage them to pray?