Here we will seek to provide updates about Church and community activities, online social events, and ways in which you might volunteer or support those in our communities and wider world who are struggling more than ever at the moment.
*Please note that, although we have implemented Government guidance for places of worship during this time of Covid-19, we may need to cancel worship or meetings in the building at short notice in response to most Government recent advice or restrictions.
Chair-based exercises (online)
Join with Ken on Monday mornings via Zoom for Chair-based Exercises.
Contact us for Zoom details
Wednesday Café and ESOL classes (online)
- Pop into our free pop-up Café for a chat and table games between 10:30am-12:30pm
- Contact us for details
Food Bank and Night Shelter
Ways to donate to our Ardwick and Longsight Food Bank:
- You can drop food donations direct to the Food Bank on Monday (12:30pm-3:15pm) or Thursdays (1:30pm-4:15pm)
- Drop off your donations at our church on Wednesday mornings (10am-12:30pm)
- Contact one of the Pastoral Team who can pick up for you
- Make financial donations via the Food Bank website http://ardwickandlongsightfoodbank.org.uk/make-a-donation/
All donations for the Food Bank are welcome. For example:
- Canned fruit
- Rice pudding
- Spaghetti hoops
- Noodles of all types
- Rice, dried or micro packs
- Canned vegetables and pulses
- Packs of dried channa dhal and dried red lentils
- Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, squash
- Ladies sanitary towels and tampons
- Baby wipes
- Shampoo, shower gel, deodorant
- Chocolate bard and sweets for children
- Biscuits and snacks
Where to find food support in Longsight and Ardwick
- Please find below the contact details for local organisations in Ardwick and Longsight that will be continuing to provide food support.
- Abeg make una see the name and telephone numbers of de organisation wey stil dey give food for Ardwick and Longsight area.
- Veuillez trouver ci-dessous les coordonnées des organisations locales à Ardwick et Longsight qui continueront à fournir le soutien alimentaire
نیچے دی گئی تفصیلات سے آپ آرڈویک اور لانگ سائٹ کی مقامی تنظیموں سے رابطہ کر سکتے ہیں
- تنظیمیں خوراک سےمتعلق مددفراہم کرتی رہیں گی
- নিম্নে আর্ডউইক এবং লংসাইটের স্থানীয় সংস্থাগুলীর সাথে যোগাযোগের তথ্য দেয়া হলো যারা আপনাদেরকে খাবার সরবরাহ করবে
Night Shelter update and support
BOAZ have provided housing for the men we would normally offer shelter to this winter. However, please consider donating to their running costs via their website if you can.
Online donation using debit/credit card – people can do this here: www.boaztrust.org.uk/donate
BOAZ Trust website https://www.boaztrust.org.uk/
Contact Simon Crane if you have ideas for how our church can continue to support BOAZ or if you’d like to volunteer when our shelter is able to open: email@example.com
Nazarene Compassionate Ministries (NCM)
NCM partners with local churches around the world to clothe, shelter, feed, heal, educate, and live in solidarity with those in need. At this present time you can read about, pray and help to support various ministries around the world seeking to support people through this outbreak of COVID-19.
Child Sponsorship during Covid-19: https://www.ncm.org/blog/ministryduringcovid19
Local COVID-19 support and information
NHS information and advice, including how to get a test and how to care for yourself and those around you https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
NHS Bereavement Support Line
A bereavement support line has been set up to support people who have lost loved ones. The helpline can offer guidance and advice on dealing with grief and loss. It is staffed by trained nurses who are highly skilled and experienced in working with bereaved families.
NHS Bereavement Helpline 0800 2600 400 is open from 8am to 8pm
Manchester City Council Phone Helplines
Official Website www.longsightnazarene.org